Altitude: 165 m
EWN puts the forecast-models in a real test by monitoring their accuracy also outside their "home-area" which usually is the country of the issuing meteorologic institute. The accuracy are monitored for ca 900 locations north of the Alps and are calculated by comparing the forecast with the observed temperature every 3 hours at 00, 03, 06, 09, 12, 15, 18 and 21 UTC. The used forecast for the next day are generated at ca 18 UTC. Theese results are then used for calculating the EWN forecast.
- EWN: EWN's own forecast
- WRFDA: WRF runned by EWN
- DWD: ICON, DWD, Germany
- MF-Arpege: ARPEGE, Meteo France
- MF-Arome: AROME, Meteo France
- KNMI: Hirlam, KNMI, The Netherlands
- FMI: Hirlam, FMI, Finland
- YR: XML-files (AROME-MetCoOp, Hirlam, ECMWF), MET Norway (yr.no)
- GFS: GFS, NCEP, USA
- CMC: CMC Ensemble, CMC, Canada
- WXSIM: WXSIM-software runned by private weatherstations (data not available for all locations)
The average total accuracy for each forecast-model.
Good forecasts (±2°)
Good forecasts (±2°)Mean errorRMS error
This table are based on the EWN WRFDA-model. Solar radiation: SW - shortwave, LW - longwave. HDD - Heatingdegree.